Reblogged from Broadcastengineering.com
AJA Io XT with Thunderbolt ports now available
The portable device supports capture and playback of 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 HD and SD formats and can unify disparate formats via its 10-bit real-time up/down/crossconversion capability.
The new Io XT Thunderbolt-enabled professional video I/O device is now shipping from AJA Video Systems. With dual Thunderbolt ports, Io XT opens up a host of new workflow capabilities to video professionals.
Io XT connects to a Thunderbolt-enabled Apple computer via a single cable. An additional Thunderbolt port is provided, enabling users to daisy-chain Io XT to other Thunderbolt peripherals including high-bandwidth storage and high-resolution displays through a single interface; simplifying the connection of multiple devices.
The portable device supports capture and playback of 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 HD and SD formats and can unify disparate formats via its 10-bit real-time up/down/crossconversion capability. Io XT also provides compatibility with the most popular NLE programs, the newest codecs, video formats, stereoscopic 3-D workflows and more.
Key features include:
• Dual Thunderbolt ports;
• Two 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs;
• Single-link SDI 4:2:2 support, single and dual-link SDI 4:4:4 support;
• HDMI input and output (including support for 3-D);
• Analog HD/SD component and composite output, 10-bit;
• Video up/down/crossconversion (hardware-based, 10-bit);
• 8-channel embedded SDI audio I/O;
• 8-channel balanced analog audio output (using an optional DB-25 type cable);
• Uncompressed I/O allows capture, monitoring and mastering to Apple ProRes, DVCProHD, CineForm, Avid DNxHD and more;
• Front-panel LED VU meters;
• Headphone output w/level control;
• Reference In/LTC In (selectable);
• LTC output ;
• RS-422 ;
• 4-pin XLR power (AC adapter included).